Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A Baby for Conway.

Conway loves babies and we thought that He might need his own baby to take care of when Baby Phoebe comes home from the hospital. So last night I bought this baby and stroller set from Big Lots. I cut the fabric seat off and used it as a pattern to make a more "masculine" looking stroller for Conway to push around. I'm glad we saved all the scraps from our decorating projects around here.
I covered the wheel stops with fabric and painted the pink flower accents with glossy black acrylic. I also made a new outfit for the baby doll with Devan's felt supply.
And par for the course, I accidentally got black paint on the baby's head in two places. I could not scrub it off with all the cleansers in the world, it just sunk right into the rubber head. Oh well...

3 comments:

Kelli and Craig said...

FABULOUS!!! (of course) What a great idea!

Adam and Anya said...

Fun fun! How exciting! You could always just paint the doll with a goregous head of black hair... haha

Tanner Fam said...

Only you would think to make the stroller masculine. I'da made my boy push around a girlie stroller.
Paint on the head....again, masculine.