Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Smith Spooktacular Halloween Costume Trophies

Every year for our annual Smith Spooktacular, I try to make (I am ashamed to say that there have been a couple of years where I (gasp)bought the awards for the costume contest.
This year I bought these table top decorations from Michaels at 40% off. I glued them onto jars and wood plaques. Next I primed and spay painted them gold.

Finally, I made labels on the computer and "Bedazzled" the trophies to make them more fun.
Good Luck and fine tune those costumes people! (and are you practicing the Thriller Dance?!)

5 comments:

Dandi said...

those are so cool. What a great idea!

Tanner Fam said...

You put me to shame. I think I will just stick to shredded currency.

Stephanie said...

I didn't know my sister Dandi followed your blog, cool!

I agree they look awesome. Anyone would be proud to win one!

Nicole said...

I think these are my favorite crafty creations of yours so far. I love them!

Carol said...

I love these Halloween Costume Trophies!!! I'm going to attempt to make my own for this year so I ope they come out half as great as yours. :)

One question, approximately what size are the plaques that you used?