Thursday, August 20, 2009

On my vacation, I saw an SARCOPHAGUS!

On the second day of our cruise, we stopped at Split, Croatia. We visited a cemetery in Solin, the ancient site of Roman Salona, that housed all of these wonderful sarcophagus's (coffins) carved from stone.
The girls kept trying to get my Mom to get inside of one for a picture. I don't blame her for running from them!
We then went to the town of Trogir. It is a very small island squeezed in between the mainland and the larger island of Ciovo. I had to take a picture of the charmingly colorful sign outside a ice cream shop.
In the town we looked around the farmers market.
And right by our bus stop was a grocery store. We were excited to go in and see what they had to offer.
We bought some bread and a much needed diet Pepsi for me! (except that Europe just sells Pepsi "Light" which does not taste as good as the "Diet" formula... which actually was a good thing because I didn't drink that many, so that helped me kick start the process of quiting drinking so much of the magic elixir.)
That was a fun day!

3 comments:

Mary said...

You know ... David is missing his esophagus. This could explain alot.

It looks like SUCH a wonderful trip. I completely jealous. In a good way.

Kate said...

I am glad you changed it to Sarcophagus! I was a little confused. ;) It looks like such a fun trip. I'm quite jealous too. How great!

Anonymous said...

Well, you know that I read in the paper yesterday that the longevity for Americans is up to 78 now-looks like I'll be ready for one...

the mother