Monday, April 14, 2008

Rose Bowl Flea Market Adventure!

After a long day in the very HOT sun (we were there the one day a heat wave came through), anyway we started making a pile by the exit where the babies could have some shade. I'm so excited about this vanity!
Here are my girls starting to load up two sets of old lockers, an old two piece oak filing cabinet, a very cool birdcage, the bottom half of a mannequin, a crib for Kelli's new baby due in July, a rocker for baby Carma, and a ton of "good crap" that we couldn't resist.
another shot of our stuff....
Kelli watched the babies in the shade.
and we are all ready to go home. That old army trailer we have is the best! It pulls great and the back gate can be hung like a table for cooking when we go camping. I'm thinking of painting it red and painting "Red Rider" on it like the Howe family did. I'm getting tired of the "giraffe" spots that were supposed to be leopard spots that I painted 15 years ago. This weekend was a FABULOUS girls trip for my daughters and I. FUN, FUN, FUN!!!!!

6 comments:

Kate said...

Fun for you gals! And what treasures you found!

hilari said...

who knew we would be coming back with not one, but two sets of awsome lockers! i looked up lockers and craigslist and realized we got a great deal.

Mary said...

So this is the third time I have been envious of this fun-filled trip. The first two were when Gin and Aim told me of all the fun shenanigans at dinner.

ginny said...

I have been checking this blog constantly for pictures of your finds at the famous flea market--they're great. I'm pretty sure this past weekend was the hottest one in LA ever. Thanks for hanging out with us at dinner.

Anonymous said...

It was WONDERFUL to see the other Ess girls and the flea market was great! All the junk was intoxicating !I can still smell the mixture of hot asphalt and dusty mid century modern furnitue! I loved it all inspite of being sleep deprived and that we all pretty much had heat stroke but no pain no lockers right? I cant wait to hang my antlers and chinese umbrellas! Truly a great bonding weekend of awesomeness! Cant wait to do it again!

Anonymous said...

I had so much fun!!! ( Even though I was really tired)