Monday, November 5, 2007

BUMMER


Well, my husband just called to tell me that on the radio, "they", "the people" were talking about the song "Crank dat Soulja Boy". I guess that the song is really naughty and all the stanzas mean something different about you know what, s e x. I am sooooooooooo disappointed and mad. I am so tired of finding out that what someone is saying doesn't mean what they are saying and that you can not say anything either for fear of mistranslation! I remember watching a movie made in the late 50's and the phrase "making love" meant "flirting and dating". I still say that a thing is "queer" as in "strange" and don't even think about "queer" being "gay" which also was just being "happy" and who knows what being "happy" means anymore!
Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ! AND I was just getting to know the fun "sweet" moves for this song ! ("sweet" as in "fun" not as in "sugary" .........)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was going to say something like "mom stop being a prude" but then i went to urbandictionary.com and looked up the term "superman that hoe" and "supersoak that hoe".

I am disgusted. blahhhhhhhhhgh

hilari said...

too bad that this world is nuts and disgusting. i must say that it was a fun dance.

Anonymous said...

Hey its got a good beat and you can dance to it!Even if that means youll go to hades in a hand -basket for it! Why did somethin so right go so wrong?

Mrs. Dub said...

"hurts so good"
"afternoon delight"

most of my childhood tunes have been spoiled by my adult understanding.

sorry soldja boy suffered a similar fate.

steph said...

i'm with ya... preach on, sista!