Wednesday, November 14, 2007

My Fun Plates...



I love these plates! My love for eating food (not cooking it) has lead me to choose the theme of fruits and vegetables for still life arrangements to paint from to finding wonderful ceramic pieces that explode with color and happiness. (It's funny, that I never paint any images of ice cream...) Anyway, I found the plate with the lemon and asparagus about a year before I found the other two plates, so I actually placed the first plate on the counter for a while. This is the beauty of decorating your home with the things that make you smile. We might rearrange where we put things, or add to the collection, or put it away for a while to wait for just the right place for an object to fit. I do have to say, that it is so much fun to be able to have the space to really show off some of the wonderful objects I've found over the years in this new big house of ours. When friends come over, they think that everything is new because at our old house things were cramped with all my "good crap" I've collected over the years. My "stuff" makes me happy...my family and friends make me feel loved, isn't it wonderful to surround yourself with both!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ilove food on plates and good crap - we have so much in common !love all your crap! thanks for puttin up with mine!

Anonymous said...

I also love to surround myself with things that make me happy! Like my pink bathroom, other people may think its too bright and crazy... but it fills me with joy!!!

Mrs. Dub said...

good crap is the best kind of crap out there. and you have some of the best stuff. i always thought i would have to shellac my own meal to get the same effect!

Mary said...

I've always loved your crap.