Friday, November 30, 2007

Doesn't Everyone use their Jigsaw over the Kitchen sink???


I decided to put a train under our kitchen Christmas tree and needed a 36" round piece of wood. Well, the home fixit stores had one but it was $46!, so I had to make one myself. I've found in the past that working over the kitchen sink (I put a paper towel in the bottom of the sink to catch the sawdust so it won't go down the drain) works well because of the height of the counter and I can maneuver the wood and saw pretty well there. It's also the most stable place I have to work till we get the garage set up. I know, it's unconventional, but if I waited for someone to do it for me, I'd never get it done.

I was also very proud of myself for remembering to drill holes for the lights from the tree and from this DARLING village I'm making! I'll keep you updated on the fun decorations I'm doing this year. I am having a blast putting this all together!!!


5 comments:

Mary said...

I am in awe. AWE, I tell you.

What a woman!!

Anonymous said...

I thought EVERYONE used power tools indoors! Kev and I made a coffee table and a mirror inside our BYU apartment and the sawdust was an inch deep in the living room - Good Times!

Anonymous said...

Mom you're awesome!!! I can see where I get my need to do project inside. You always seem to actually get them finished though!!! ( I have to chill out on the exlamation points!!! people probably think I am constantly shouting!!!!!!!!! )

hilari said...

i always thought that this kind of behavior was normal. i also thought that everyone used the sink more often for craft projects than washing dishes. who knew?

Anonymous said...

This is the kind of thing that makes me love you extra special... not just the love you get from being my mom. You get more because you are so wonderful and amazing at this stuff. You're and inspiration!