Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sometimes I even impress myself!




Usually when I make something", I never seem to create whatever it is as fabulously as I envision it. There is always an element that I wish I had more skill in doing, or I wish I could afford the material I ideally wanted to use, or something just didn't work like I thought. But this time, the stars seemed to be aligned! I bought this FABULOUS OLD SLIP at a thrift store, immediately I thought of an ottoman. I had a old foot stool that was in one of my daughters rooms way back when that I bought from TARGET that we were no longer using. I first covered and stapled some batting over the whole thing. Then I sewed the pillow together with some fabric I had been saving and covered it over a piece of foam that I cut into a circle the same size of the ottoman. I then sewed the slip onto the pillow's bottom edge. The whole thing sits on top of the ottoman. It doesn't budge because the batting "holds" the fabric of the pillow in place. I can't tell you how much I LOVE this piece of furniture! It has been a great conversation piece and I like to imagine who was so FABULOUS to have bought this slip in the first place...

6 comments:

hilari said...

i love that ottoman. just so the rest of the family knows, i call it when you - you know, you don't need it anymore. like, when you are in heaven.

Anonymous said...

Hilari- you are always "calling" things!! haha
Anyways I LOVE it too and I think it is simply fabulous!!

mama jo said...

that was a great idea...love that everyone is calling your stuff...

mama jo said...

that was a great idea...love that everyone is calling your stuff...

Anonymous said...

hilari calls everything for when you are up in heaven.
Dont go on any long drives or eat any questionable cookies -if ya ask me shes hatchin' a plan and if hil sez' maybe you'd be more comfortable 'sleeping with the fishes' she's not thinkin' about gettin' you an aquarium for your bedroom -keep both eyes open around her -cuz she's tricky.

Mary said...

I already called that red painted dresser ages ago and don't you forget it!