Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Travel Swap Goodies Recieved !!!!!

I received my very first swap items yesterday. When I signed up for the swap little did I know that the best thing that I would be recieving is a NEW FRIEND! Mama Jo was assigned to be my swap partner. She and I e-mailed and shared information about ourselves and we visited one anothers blogs. We started to realize that we have a tremendous amount of things in common! The whole experience for me has been FABULOUSLY positive and most importantly FUN. So, when I drove into my driveway yesterday, I saw this BIG BOX by my front door. My heart started beating faster and euphoria set in. I brought the box in and opened it.

As I opened the box, there, lying in a cushion of styrofoam packing (which I can use to blend soft pastels, smodge paint, etc.) this beautiful RED BAG waited patiently, it was too heavy to lift out of the box as the bag's bottom started to rip. (that's ALWAYS a good sign)...

Inside was a lovely note where Jolyn explained the reasons for each gift. 1. A Cosmetic Bag and Spa Items: a. A 15x travel mirror. (We are both close in age, so she understands the eyesight going bad. I only have a 10x mirror so this is a FABULOUS gift!) b. A Sea Sponge. (Jolyn wrote about a spa treatment she had in Turkey where she was scrubbed to death. Sounds good to me! I LOVE spa treatments!) c. FABULOUS LaSource Travel Sized Grooming Lotions and Potions that also included Hydrating Cream and a 60 Sec. Treatment for Hands (which I am going to open after I finish this entry. My hands are always DRY from artsy/craftsy explorations, which are a journey in itself...) d. The book 1,000 Places To See Before You Die which I have bought for 2 people and really wanted for myself (thank you!) e. An Expandable Duffle Bag to fit into my suitcase to bring home all those kitschey treasures that Jolyn and I both seem to think are FABULOUS! e. A Lovely Journal and Box of Note Cards of Italy that I will surely use and finally (as if all this wasn't enough) f. a Gorgeous Box of Godiva Chocolates! Needless to say, Jolyn went overboard, This is just tooooo much but I will enjoy everything. Thank you my new friend, YOU ARE FABULOUS!!!
You can visit my two new friends at Go With Jo @ http://jolynm.blogspot.com/ and the FABULOUS gal that coordinated the Travel Swap According to Kelly @ http://according-to-kelly.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that looks so cool! I'm jealous of all that great stuff!

Anonymous said...

what a cool new friend!I cant wait to borrow the book!

Anonymous said...

That sounds awesome!!

Kate said...

I am way too intimidated to swap. I just couldn't come up with anything fun to send. Looks like you got a fun package!
I'll email you right now. Yes, my little Paige has been sooo jealous of Carma's fabulous binkies. :)

acte gratuit said...

How do people find out about these swaps? I always seem to learn about them after the fact!